Email support $90 for 3 emails exchanges
Sometimes you just need a little bit of extra help in life. This flexible option offers all of the benefits of a Qualified, Experienced, face-to-face Counsellor, with the added benefits of convenience and affordability.
Who can use Vibrant Women Online Services
It is generally agreed that face-to-face counselling is the preferred option for resolving personal and life issues. However, it is also recognised that online support is another method of providing assistance when face-to-face services are not possible or not desired by the client.
Reasons people may choose email support:
- They live in areas where there are no face-to-face services available.
- They may move regularly due to work commitments i.e. defence force members and their partners and wish to retain the supportive relationship they have developed.
- People at home with small children who don’t have childcare support to attend counselling.
- Single parents who just need another adult to bounce things off, as well as getting some emotional support for themselves.
- Ex-pats – people living in non-English speaking countries who find it difficult to access therapeutic services. Some of these people also prefer email contact because they may be living in areas where Internet connection is unreliable.
- People who are just used to and comfortable with this methods of communication. As emails are flying back and forwards it feel almost like a live chat session (but with the added bonus of a bit of time in between to think things through).
- People wanting to remain anonymous.
- Lesbians wanting to access a non-homophobic, gay positive services.
- People who want to discuss issues that they cannot discuss with anyone else ie unplanned pregnancy, infidelity etc.
- People experiencing separation issues and feel that their friends and family can no longer provide the support they require.
- People who have become “stuck” in their relationship and just want some clarity about how to proceed.
- Wanting to access services outside of business hours, at times that suit you.
Email exchanges are set up to offer individual support on relationship or personal issues. You must be at least 18 years of age to access these counselling services.
Email support is not suitable for people who are in crisis or who are experiencing domestic violence, mental health issues or suicidal ideation. If you require emergency assistance please see the contact numbers below.
Emergency Contact List • Kids Help Line 1800 55 1800 • Lifeline 13 11 14 • 24 hour Domestic Violence Crisis Line 1800 65 64 63
Before requesting or accepting support from Vibrant Women, please read and accept our Terms and Conditions, Privacy statements, and Security statements, as published on this website.
Common relationship issues:
- Conflict caused by financial stress, parenting, differing expectations, differing beliefs or values.
- Resentment stemming from a lack of equality in the relationship or feeling as though the other person doesn’t prioritise the relationship.
- Disappointment with the relationship: it isn’t what you thought it would be or it isn’t like it used to be.
- Emotional distance as a result of living parallel lives.
- Issues regarding infidelity and/or lack of trust.
- Communication Difficulties: constant bickering and/or feelings of frustration with one another or lack of intimacy or feelings of disconnectedness.
- Differences in Sexual Desire.
- Entrenched patterns of conflict.
- The relationship has become lacklustre and you find yourself looking elsewhere.
Common personal issues:
- Life changing events
- The pursuit of happiness
- Self-Esteem issues
- Learning to manage strong emotions
- Unresolved childhood issues or past hurts
- Homophobia, sexuality or “coming out” issues
- Managing weight and health issues
- Lack of direction or purpose in life
- Lack of energy or vitality for life
Email support involves you typing your curent issues or concerns and sending them via email. Your counsellor then responds with questions, refection activities, readings and resources to help you clarify, gain insight into and resolve your issues.
A guideline is provided here to help you get started, feel free however to format the email anyway you want:
- An introduction to you i.e. what you would like to be called, how old you are, if you work or study or are a stay at home mum etc.
- If you are in relationship you may say how long you’ve been together and a little bit about your relationship.
- You may then outline any problems or concerns or areas of your life you feel could use attention. Including things you might like to change about your life. You might also mention how long you have felt this way and what other things you might have tried to do to create change.
- It’s good to outline what you were hoping to get out of this contact and any other support you think may be able to be provided to you.
More About Email counselling
Email has several advantages:
- It is convenient, in that you can write and respond at your own pace.
- It gives you time to consider your situation and put your thoughts and feelings into words, which is often a helpful process.
- It allows your counsellor time to consider your problem and the issues you have raised, and provide you with a carefully considered response.
- It also provides you with a written record of your communication that you can re-read at any time. Remember, it is not appropriate for you to share these emails with others. Vibrant Women cannot be held responsible if other people have access to your email account and accidentally come across these private communications.
- It is more cost-effective and less confronting than traditional face-to face counselling.
- If you move geographically, or even overseas, you can maintain your relationship with your counsellor.
- At times, Email communication can lead to misunderstandings. This is largely due to a lack of emotion and inflection, and the absence of body language involved.
- It is important to take your time while writing emails, and to read them through to ensure that your meaning is clear. If at any time you feel your counsellor has misinterpreted something you have written, please do not be afraid to clarify this with them. At times, they may need to ask questions to ensure that they have correctly interpreted what you have said.
Buy 3 email exchanges = $90 AUD
Follow 3 quick steps to receive Email Support
1. Fill out the registration form.
2. Once you have filled out the registration form you will be directed to the payment page. You can pay using Paypal or credit card. Sometimes certain security software may determine this link a phishing? It is safe to proceed to the checkout, this is an e-junkie shopping cart that uses paypal.
3. Send your email to email@example.com and your counsellor will respond within 48 hours. It’s that easy!
Here’s some feedback from other people who have used email support:
“I wasn’t really sure if it would help it seemed kind of lame really, but even just writing down my problems and thinking about it as I was writing helped.” ~ Kelly
“Because I live in Indonesia it’s difficult for me to access therapeutic services and I found the convenience of email support fantastic. Tammie and I would get into a bit of a rhythm with our emails and I found myself looking forward to her replies. I can’t thank you enough Tammie I was feeling really isolated and desperate before I met you”.~ Rhonda
All interactions are confidential, except in the case of court subpoena of files; risk of suicide or harm to someone else; disclosure of child or elder abuse; and signed consent of client to release information.
Where there is evidence that a problem or condition exists that is not suitable for online support, we will inform you of this and refer you to an appropriate professional service. In addition, where there is evidence that a problem or condition exists that we are not competent to address, we will inform you of this and refer you to an appropriate professional service.
To access this service, you will need to agree that any communications resulting from counselling by email exchange, are bound by confidentiality and will not be shown or forwarded to other people. All communication between us is specifically related to your particular situation, and any advice or suggestions may be inappropriate or harmful to other persons.
All information obtained through consultation with us is treated with the same confidentiality and privilege as information obtained through traditional face-to-face consultations.
Vibrant Women has access to secure encrypted email, and our records are not kept on computers that are permanently connected to the Internet.
If you have exclusive use of a computer, you could download the A-Lock program from the Encryption Network web site at www.pc-encrypt.com, and use this to encrypt all emails you send to us. This program encrypts all email communications between you and us, and these emails cannot be read without the password. This program is very easy to install—just go to www.pc-encrypt.com and click on the “Protect your Emails” link at the bottom left of the opening page. This will take you to the download page.
Please note: Vibrant Women does not require you to use A-Lock to encrypt your emails, but if you are concerned about confidentiality over the Internet this will alleviate any concerns you may have. Vibrant Women cannot be held responsible if your emails are intercepted by a third-party. Having said that, if your privacy is breached it is likely that it will be by someone who has access to your computer. To ensure this doesn’t happen, always close your emails when finished, and do not give other people your email password.